Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A girl's room is her castle.



Is there any space more inviting? This is my granddaughter's room...newly redecorated ~ and a surprise reveal at that ~ I loved my room growing up. I still remember the canopy bed, the triple dresser, the dressing table and the gold knocker on the door. I had wide pine wood floors and a white eyelet lace canopy and spread to match. I had milk glass lamps on the dresser and a turquoise princess phone. The walls were yellow for most of my life...the doors were a natural wood and the closet had double doors. I loved my room. Funny, I don't remember having anything on the walls...you know, posters, pictures...hmm..I had two windows...the bed took up one wall...the closet with the double doors and the door to get in took up one wall...the triple dresser took up a good part of another wall. Odd...no memory of the walls except they were yellow. I remember my friend Nancy and I eating Oreos and diet pepsi and laughing...I have seen FB photos of Hannah and her friends doing the same thing.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Has it really been an entire year since you blogged??? I loved my room when I was growing up, but I adored Robin's room. We spent many an afternoon doing nothing and having lots of fun at it!!!!

Anonymous said...

For general conditioning, toning, firming and endurance training, you may be lifting
smaller weights with superior repetitions.

Have a look at my page ... adjustable weights