Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8
Philippians, 4. 8
Saturday, February 21, 2009
I'm gonna do it. I haven't made my homemade Split Pea soup since my "back to nature" days in the early 70's. I was living in Maine and trying to understand this macrobiotic diet I was on...not by choice...but by my husband's choice. But interestingly enough I learned to make the BEST split pea and lentil soup you have ever eaten...honest! You know how certain fragrances take you back to " a place "....or how certain things remind you of times in your life...sometimes you don't want to go there...does anyone understand what I'm saying? I just couldn't make split pea soup until now. But I am really excited about it. I will let you know how it turns out.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
This is the 4th photo in my picture album. Titled " 4 L's"
This is a photo of my mother and her 3 sisters. Not sure of the year, I could do some research...can usually narrow it down by wardrobe and hairdos...but for now...
Left to right....Lois, Leora, Lucile and Louise. My mom is Lucile. Lois is the youngest, Leora is the oldest and my mom and Louise are identical twins born in between. Over the years they appeared less identical...but their voices were exactly the same. If you heard them talking and couldn't actually see them (phone, etc) you would not be able to identify which one was speaking. My Grandma decided to name all her girls with an L, and because Lucile and Louise were twins...she spelled Lucile with one L... Lucile...instead of Lucille (like Lucille Ball) so that it would have the same number of letters as Louise. My mom's name was ALWAYS MISPELLED. Guess that's why she named me Sara without an H. People always spell my name SaraH, unless they know me.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
1. What is your occupation right now? Performance Leader - Delta Air Lines.
2. What color are your socks right now? White with gray toes.
3. What was the last thing that you ate? Weight Watcher Mint Chip Dessert.
4. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes. Robin that was RUDE...but true...Except I think it was that I just forgot about 1st gear.
5. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Robin
6. Do you like the person who sent this to you? No one sent it to me. I saw it on Robin's blog and wanted to play.
7. How old are you today? 57
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Golf, love the scenery.
9. What is your favorite drink? Coffee and UNSWEET TEA
10. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, but I quit.
11. Favorite food? Anything with CHEESE
12. What is the last movie you watched? Clint Eastwood - Gran Torino at the movies, a Hallmark movie with Genie Francis on TV
13. Favorite day of the year? NEW YEAR'S DAY
14. How do you vent anger? Slam doors…eat chocolate. I don't scream.
15. What was your favorite toy as a child? Patty Playpal.
16. What is your favorite season? Fall
17. Cherries or Blueberries? Love blueberries...just discovered they are great with oatmeal.
18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? N/A
19. Who is the most likely to respond? I’ll take all the comments I can get….
20. Who is least likely to respond? ? N/A
21. Living arrangements: House with husband and Kitten.
22. When was the last time you cried? I cry all the time...commercials, touching stories, mushy movies...could have been anytime
23. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes
24. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? I still keep in touch with a friend I've had since 5th grade...and one I met in 10th grade.
25. What did you do last night? Had Robin and family over for Chili.
26. What are you most afraid of? Being alone.
27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Cheese….who eats plain burgers?
28. Favorite dog breed? NONE….don’t like dogs.
29. Favorite day of the week? Saturday.
30. How many states have you lived in? 4 - Ohio, Massachusetts, Maine, Florida
31. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds. Definitely DIAMONDS!!!!!!!! Lots of them.
32. What is your favorite flower? Orhids
33. Secret vice: Not telling