Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Monday, September 10, 2007

Ever been in a pit?

I am reading the best book...Get Out of That Pit - Straight Talk about God's Deliverance.... by Beth Moore. I am so thankful for the Godly women that God has placed in my life. Women who really know me, who love me unconditionally...who hold me accountable...who mentor me. Women who always point me back to the Savior...who remind me to look up. Have you heard the message on James...
James 1
1James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.


Do you see the word when? "When not if" is what one dear friend used to say...
Today, I am just thankful...thankful for God's word...thankful that I'm a CBK...chosen, beloved and kept. I am never alone. God is faithful and I need to remember that when God allows a trial in my life....it's not because I'm being picked on....I was picked out! God entrusted this to me because He has faith in me. I need to live up to it...all the way up.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad to hear you like that book. I haven't had the pleasure of reading it yet. I was hoping she would turn it into a bible study. Deliverance is a daily, if not hourly, minutely, secondly, thing. I learned that from Beth Moore! Lord, just get me through the next minute!

gideonmommasita said...

I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.
Amen and Amen