Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Monday, September 3, 2007

Antiques Antiquing



Just returned from a wonderful week with the Turner's in North Carolina...so many stories to share...but for now...

On our way to NC, we stopped in Rutherfordton, had lunch and stopped in Victoria Lace Antique shop. I saw a teacart that I just fell in love with ....maple...had a drawer...well made...but I just wasn't sure. I checked her hours and thought we might stop there on our way home.

Turns out we decided to leave Sunday morning and the shop in Rutherfordton was closed.

We did make a stop in Madison, Ga. on our return. GREAT TOWN!! Decided to stretch our legs...have lunch and look through a few shops that WERE open. Found this teacart and knew immediately why I wasn't able to buy the one I had seen earlier. This one is SO MUCH BETTER. Cherry wood....fine details...carved wood...glass compartment for my Silver Service...It was a great price...fit in the honda with no problem...and is one of the best birthday gifts I have ever gotten. I have to do some research to know what all the different areas are for...but thought I would share.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Very pretty. My mom likes antiques, too. Her house in NC is going to be loaded with them, I'm sure.

CroppinRobin said...

glad you were able to pick yourself up something for your birthday....

Johnna said...

That is so pretty! My parents stop at some great antique shops in NC & GA. I'll find out the names and where for your next trip up north. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

gideonmommasita said...

Polly Put the Kettle on, we'll all have tea! (just don't invite Suke she always takes the kettle off)