Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Welcome myself back comments...

Last Monday Jason and I drove over to Jacksonville to pick up his mother for a visit. She flew into JAX to get a nonstop. It was a pleasant drive over...always enjoy time in the car with Jase...good conversation and I have his full attention...except that he's driving...HA!
The drive back was enjoyable, too. Catching up with Mary, planning our itinerary for the week.
Today is Mary's birthday. She is 82. She still lives in Wyoming, Ohio...our hometown. They have had a very cold winter and she needed an "escape" to warmer weather. For those who have been here, there is nothing like Springtime in Tallahassee. The azaleas and Dogwoods in bloom. The fragrant flowers, the clear blue skies...the warmer temperatures.
The highlight of her visit has been our Easter Sunday Celebration. Robin and family were invited, of course, and then Robin invited a co-worker, friend...and his family. It turned out to be a lovely Easter Sunday...Wonderful Church service, message and music...great fellowship with family and new friends....delicious dinner. Robin made a 7 layer salad and Mary made Key Lime pies with whipped cream. I made roasted potatoes and green beans...Publix made my ham.
We've been playing Crazy 8's and Scrabble all week....painting....touring Tallahassee. Robin took us yesterday...a spin around FSU and town. It was the best tour I've had. We visited a tree you have to see to believe. The property was donated to the city, I think Robin said, by a former FSU Professor (deceased). It is a MUST SEE in Tallahassee.
Today is the birthday...I have to work...but Jason will take his mom to Outback for lunch.
I was able to attend the "official" birthday lunch, yesterday, at Robin's. She prepared an Oriental Chicken salad that was scrumptious...and the presentation was SO Martha!
Back to work today....Bah Humbug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY BUSY MAMA--------WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR BRIEF CALL ABOUT PEGGY---OUR SYMPATHY TO YOU -SUCH A NICE, TALENTED LADY-SO SORRY TO HEAR SHE WAS IN SUCH PAIN THESE LAST FEW YEARS-I KNOW YOU HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF HER-WE FEEL FORTUNATE TO HAVE KNOWN HER TOO------GLAD MARY IS ENJOYING HER VISIT-SOUNDS LIKE A FUN TIME-----MAR. 25 IS BRIGID'S 46TH B-DAY(JEFF'S WIFE) & WES IS 23 TODAY(RUTHANN'S SON)-POPULAR DAY-PRETTY & SUNNY TODAY-5O'S & BREEZY-TELL MARY TO SOAK UP THE WARMTH-----SPRING BREAK FOR THE PRINCESS THIS WEEK-----SLEEPING IN IS OUR BIGGEST EXCITEMENT :)--TAKE CARE------

Dee Dee's Diary said...

Sorry I had to cut our call short. Yes, many fond memories of Peggy. I met her when I was only 16 years old. She was always very good to me and Robin. I will miss her.
We've been having fun with Mary. Jason drove her over to Ponte Vedra today to spend the rest of her time with Aunt Elaine (her younger sister). They will have fun...go to the beach and also visit with some nieces who live in the area.
Today was the anniversary of Dad's passing. I thought about him. MIss him, too.

Melissa said...

Is that Robin's Grandma Peggy? I didn't even know she was ill. I'm so sorry to hear that.
I don't think I've seen this tree you're talking about. How many times have we been to Tallahassee? Hmmm, I need a new tour guide.......
We, too, had a great Easter Service. I love my pastor:)

Unknown said...

Melissa!! Does your husband know???