Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Monday, May 12, 2008

Delta Decision


Thank you for your continued prayer as I have been praying also for my decision about Delta. As you know, my deadline for deciding is Thursday, May 15. In November of 2001, I was faced with a similar decision. With my CTO closing after 9/11, I had to decide if I were going to stay with Delta and drive 120 miles per day to a Reservations office ( which is now closed, too) or find alternate employment. Friends that I had worked with for 20 years were faced with the same difficult decision. 3 of us stayed, 3 took the "voluntary packages" that were being offered. This time around, the circumstances are different and yet painfully the same.This time around, I have made the same decision to stay. Some say I am loyal and trust in a company that no longer exists, but I am not trusting in Delta...I have placed my trust in Jesus and the verse that has seen me through is Proverbs 3:5 and 6. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. I believe with all my heart, that the Lord has directed me to stay and He will see me through. Thank you again for lifting me up in prayer.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm happy to pray for you and read your blog. Thank you for your kind thoughts on my blog. (P.S. Delta is the only company that I know of that offers an adoption rate). Have a great day.

Melissa said...

Sara, I know you made the right decision. God never fails to guide us where He wants us. He can even take our failures and make them good! I love you and I am so thankful for your awesome example of faith and trust in our Savior!