Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I've Been Tagged by Robin



This is the 4th photo in my picture album. Titled " 4 L's"
This is a photo of my mother and her 3 sisters. Not sure of the year, I could do some research...can usually narrow it down by wardrobe and hairdos...but for now...
Left to right....Lois, Leora, Lucile and Louise. My mom is Lucile. Lois is the youngest, Leora is the oldest and my mom and Louise are identical twins born in between. Over the years they appeared less identical...but their voices were exactly the same. If you heard them talking and couldn't actually see them (phone, etc) you would not be able to identify which one was speaking. My Grandma decided to name all her girls with an L, and because Lucile and Louise were twins...she spelled Lucile with one L... Lucile...instead of Lucille (like Lucille Ball) so that it would have the same number of letters as Louise. My mom's name was ALWAYS MISPELLED. Guess that's why she named me Sara without an H. People always spell my name SaraH, unless they know me.

3 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

very cool...you had a great photo! i didn't know the story as to why Grandma's name was spelled with only one L. now i know....

Dee Dee's Diary said...

Yep, E. Lois (that's your GREAT GRANDMOTHER) thought that one up. You think stories of Aunt Louise are funny....I should share some Grandma Dungan stories with you...one day when we really need one of those laugh until you cry and it hurts kinda of laugh. She was a real character.

Laura said...

I think it is very cool that your fourth picture had four people in it! Glad you played.