Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Thoughts...

Right now I am thinking that if I could only choose two women to spend the rest of my days with....with no hesitation, I would choose Robin and Melissa. One is my daughter...the other has been "like" a daughter since both girls were in 3rd Grade.
They are two of the neatest women I have ever known. When I am with them...I laugh more, reflect on what's truly important ...more, usually eat...more...I am laughing now.
Today, I am so proud of them. Today is Weigh Wednesday...I still have to add my photo...will have to rely on Robin and her digital camera for that...but, just looking at Robin and Melissa's blog and our commitment to each other and ourselves for a healthier weight has caused me to pause...and to thank God for these women in my life...that I can trust to help me...hold me accountable...two women that I can be completely open and honest with...about something so very personal...and I am so thankful that they have placed that same trust in me. I never feel 55 when I am with them. How blessed I am that God, in His mercy and grace, allowed their paths in life to cross mine. That he gave them to me...I cherish them with all my heart. And I look forward to our journey together...both now and when we reach our goals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your post. I'd chose you also!
I love you....Me

Anonymous said...

I'd like to think I add some joy and laughter to your life as well. At least I really try hard! You are correct when you say they are 2 special girls. Life is a lot better knowing Robin and Melissa. But my life is better having a mother in law like you! Love ya always!