Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Friday, June 6, 2008

1946

The new photo header is one of my mother. Taken, I am guessing in 1946. She would have been a newlywed and about 25 years old. This was my parent's and my 1st home. My mother was such a "Martha". Check out the wallpaper and the couch. My Dad loved photography and probably took this posed photo.
With all the Blog redesigning going on, I decided to change my look, too.
More later....

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the peach sherbet look. I thought that picture was downloaded off of a Google search until I read the post. I love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW----I NOTICED LUCILE IMMEDIATELY-----LOOKS LIKE IT WAS TAKEN STRAIGHT OUT OF A MAGAZINE----WAY COOL DECORATIONS... I'M IMPRESSED & I REALLY LIKE IT! THANKS FOR SHARING----

gideonmommasita said...

I thought it was a picture off the internet too...marvelously fantastic that it is your mom! Martha indeed, everything just so, with not too much crammed on the bookshelves (unlike mine). Very classy new look for your blog. Josh loved your open book though.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

I may change back...just got inspired by all you young women. Robin had to help me....after several attempts.