Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Monday, June 23, 2008

Memories

This week I learned that someone very dear to me, in years gone by, has died. Only 59 years old. So many thoughts pouring through my mind, it is overflowing with fond memories. Over time the hurts heal and you remember only the good, the positive. God in his infinite grace does that for you. I was floating in the pool the other day, after I heard the news, and I closed my eyes and tried really really hard to see his face. I couldn't. But I could think back to the first time we met...and how much I FELL for this guy. I tried to remember all the FUN times and I even laughed out loud a few times. The neighbors already think we are strange, I'm convinced of that, so I just kept up my float down memory lane. I no longer have regrets. I have made peace about all of my decisions and know that I made mistakes - we all do, but I will always be thankful for the time God gave us and for the extended family I gained through this relationship. I wouldn't trade the experiences or the friends that I made because of this man. I might never have lived in New England. Isn't it curious the path that God prepares for us? Isn't is so curious the way He weaves it all together? God used this man to give me a precious gift...the gift of life....Robin. Through the tears, I was reminded of my dear husband, Jason. God brought him to me when I needed him most and his steadfast, unconditional love has seen me through so much. He introduced me to the most precious gift, the gift of our Lord and Savior, Messiah Jesus. God truly does work all things together for good...I added HEY JUDE to my playlist in memory of Larry. It was always one of his favorites.

4 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Wow, you can weave a story...beautiful, sorry about the death though.

Melissa said...

Very moving post, Sara. It's truly one of the best gifts that you have given me. My best friend! I'm so thankful for God's providence.

CroppinRobin said...

lovely post, mom. thank you.

Anonymous said...

CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN... THANKS FOR SHARING