Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Time for a change?

I was so excited the first time I realized that Hannah might have inherited something from me. I am always looking for clues...her big toes look like mine...she gets up early and is always on time...let's see...how about " SHE LOVES TO REARRANGE FURNITURE". I have always done a lot of rearranging in my mind. As a child, I used to imagine - because I probably wasn't allowed to really do it - our house completely rearranged. I would imagine the living room was the dining room (and vice versa) and picture the couch over here and the dining room table over there....you get the idea. All kinds of changes. I would imagine our unfinished attic as a fully completed suite....I had it all figured out. The closet in the hall would have to go and in it's place would be a beautiful winding staircase...then I would imagine all of my furniture up there and some new pieces to fill up the space. I WAS allowed to rearrange the furniture in my room, as long as I was extra careful and didn't scratch my wood floors. I tried every arrangement imaginable. I was very creative. I am 56 years old and I STILL rearrange furniture. I always have an idea....it drives Jason crazy...but after all of these years, he is no longer surprised to find furniture in a different location. I usually leave HIS CHAIR in the same spot if I am in the tv room and rearrange everything else. Some days I just feel it's Time for a change.
Now, Hannah, has definitely inherited that from me. Can we all just admit that one? Every time I visit, her room is in a different order....she is STRONG. She moves her bed, her chest of drawers, her dresser , her night stand, her doll house and a rocking chair. I just love that about her.
I was just thinking the other day that it's time for a change...I may have to stop this blog and go move something. See ya later...

3 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Does it have to be a witty thought? Rearranging furniture used to be big fun but now it makes me sneeze too much. ACHOOO!

CroppinRobin said...

yes, hannah really loves to rearrange. i don't really rearrange my furniture, mostly because i think my way is the best.....

Dee Dee's Diary said...

I have "many my ways". I just get tired of the same old arrangements. It's also a good way to deep clean...when you move big stuff, you expose areas that make it easier to clean.