Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

40th High School Reunion

Wyoming High School, Wyoming, Ohio. (this is now the Middle School and there is a new High School)

This past week Jason and I had the pleasure of attending his 40th High School Reunion. Yep...he was a 1968 Graduate. We had so much fun. I was in the class of '69, same school, so knew everyone. Most of the students went to school from Kindergarten through Senior Year together. Small town, many members of the same Golf Club, Church, etc. We attended the "casual" get together on Friday night at the local hang out...Century Inn. Had a tent outside, weather was perfect...which was a blessing because many in the Tri-State area ( Ohi0, Kentucky and Indiana) were without power and had trees down due to IKE. How strange for a Hurricane with 80 mph winds (no rain) to blow through Cincinnati. Just unheard of. Anyway...it was fun catching up on Friday night. Then on Saturday, Jason played golf with the guys...and there was a tour of the old High School for non-golfers. Saturday evening was the "BIG EVENT". Cocktails, Dinner, Dancing....video of the 30 year reunion party and lots of good food and conversation. I am already looking forward to my 40th - already being planned for June 2009. We were also able to spend time with my brother, Mark, and sister-in-law, Julie and niece, Alexandra, on Sunday. We stayed with Jason's mom - and I actually beat her at SCRABBLE. That, too, is unheard of. She insists it's only because she just had cataract surgery and was not at the top of her game...don't care...I'll take any win. She is sharp, has a phenomenal vocabulary and the ability to place words to always take advantage of the most points.
All in all, it was a wonderful week...we were able to fly First Class, flights on time, nice rental car and time with family and dear friends. Julie...if you are reading this blog....PLEASE EMAIL ME THE PHOTO OF MARK AND ME and I will post it on my blog. I framed it and put it in my office.

5 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

sounds like fun.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had such a nice time! I wish I could be so excited about a high school reunion of my own. I can honestly say that there are VERY VERY few people that I would care to see from high school Of course there are a few out there (including your daughter) that I would always love to visit with. But the majority of those kids were just not worth my time... so sad.... But back to your trip!
How was the tour of the school? Bet it was completely redone?
Cant wait to hear about your turn next year!

gideonmommasita said...

Josh's 20th was a couple of weeks ago and he was so glad he didn't go because of the pictures posted from it. Sounds like Jason's was much tamer! Or was it?

Dee Dee's Diary said...

By the time you are 58 a lot of things are "tamer"...ha ha. A lot of reminiscing...remembering the fun times. Jason was on the football team...I was in the Choir....we had fun stories to share with those that also participated. And the photos of our grade school days were just priceless. Jason missed his 10 and 20...we went to his 30 and then this one. I have been to my 10, 20, 30 and next year 40. I had the best time in High School...many friends...several of my classmates went to work for Delta so we have that in common. Remember, we grew up in the 50's. We wore party dresses to school..with little anklets and patent leather shoes. All the little girls were so proper. Many of those in attendance also attended Mrs Potts dance class on Saturday nights. That was a HUGE deal in our hometown. That is another POST

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your deedeediary.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer