Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dreams

What kind of dreams do you have?
Do you always remember them?
Do you try to analyze them?

I had a funny dream last night...I was with Robin and a group of her friends, seems like they were all a part of some group..they knew each other well...We ended up in an airplane...like the Blue Angels fly. We were all in there....don't know how we fit, but the pilot - Robin's friend from San Juan, was flying...it was great. He was swooping down for close views of the area and then zooming up and even flew upside down. I kept thinking, I hope I don't get sick and embarrass myself and Robin. I didn't. It was exhilarating....just like an amusement park ride. There were some other weird events....I was with a co-worker and needed to get ready for work, I asked if I could use her shower and she said, not until my granddaughter wakes up...because she will be upset if she misses something...I thought HOW SPOILED...but waited. My dreams seem to jump around. Or maybe they are separate dreams and I just remember them as one.
We've all dreamed of "falling" , do you catch yourself and wake up?
Have you ever thought..."this is a dream" and kept dreaming?
Have you ever been sorry you woke up because it was such a good dream?
Have you dreamed of someone you loved and lost?

Do you dream in color or black and white?
Do characters in your dreams change? ( do you start out with someone in the dream and then that person changes to someone else?)

Have you ever laughed out loud in a dream? Jason says he has heard me laughing in my sleep.

Just curious?

6 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

-yes, i have dreamed of falling and 'jerk' myself awake.

-i have been in the middle of a dream and realize i'm dreaming, and then allow my imagination to change the dream.

-i have dreamed of those loved and lost. a while ago i had a dream about dad and glenda and i thought, oh good, i get another chance to share Christ with him. that was disappointing to realize it was a dream.

-i think i dream in color.

-characters do change in my
dreams...even i change. sometimes i am 'watching' the dream and then in the same dream, i am participating in the dream.

-i have laughed and cried out loud.
dreams are very strange. i've had a dream before, where i was very mad at someone and woke up that way.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

I hope it wasn't me that you were mad at. Yes, I have had that, too. Very emotional dream and then wake up with that feeling...and know that it is not "real" but having trouble to change the way you feel.
Yes, I have changed, too. Isn't that SO STRANGE?

gideonmommasita said...

In last month I dreamed I was murdered. I knew I was dreaming because while I was dreaming I also thought...aren't you supposed to die in real life if you die in your dreams. Hasn't happened yet...maybe it has and you have a ghost blogger.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

that's a weird one. Never dreamed that one. My recurring nightmare as a child was one that included a MONSTER that was coming to kill my family...but I always woke up before he got to me and my family.

gideonmommasita said...

My recurring childhood nightmare was a ball rolling toward me that was getting bigger and bigger while I was in the corner of a room. I always woke up before it got to me. I probably had that dream though because for a while I shared a bed w/my older sister and she would roll over on top of me and pin me next to the wall and I would have to call out for my mom to come pull me out.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

That is hysterical. I am sure it was traumatic then, but now it brings a laugh.

Have you ever thought about the expression..."Sweet Dreams"....my mom used to say that.