Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Getting ready for Thanksgiving




Yesterday, Robin and I sat for a few minutes and looked over the "menu" for our Thanksgiving Dinner. This year we will have a full house. I think at last count it was total of 17. I am so thankful for the new dining room table, and since I haven't decided the future of my old table, I will have seating for all those invited.
Jason has been making FRIED TURKEYS over the past few years...but this year he may try his smoker for the BIRD. We will have what we call "our" tradtionals...
Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Beans, Cranberry Sauce ( Robin makes a fabulous one...but I did see a new recipe we may try this year). We will have rolls and pies. Robin is making a Brie with Pears and pecans ....yummy..and who would think we need appetizers....but it is usually a LONG DAY so I will have some "extras". I am working on a table centerpiece and trying to be creative with the place cards. There will be FOOTBALL and possibly a game of scrabble or something like Monopoly for the kids.

What have you planned for your day?

6 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

i found a recipe for pecan pie on pioneer woman that i may make.

Unknown said...

I will be hosting at my house this year and am very happy about it. I love to do Thanksgiving. (I think it's a control thing...). We have all the traditional stuff,too. I found a recipe a few years ago for stuffing in the crockpot and it is F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C!!!!! I will definately do that again this year. I am expecting about 10-12.
It will be our first big holiday in our new home, so I am very excited!!

Melissa said...

We are going to my mom and dad's in NC this year. I'm so excited to get up there! My sister and her family are coming and my brother is coming. It should be fun. We are going to play Fill or Bust and Phase 10 (dice version).

I don't know what we are fixing this year, but it will probably be much the same as yours. I'm going to have to get creative with gluten free stuff this year. I guess I should start my google search....

gideonmommasita said...

We are camping at Ft. Clinch with Josh's family and our friends from Palm Bay...don't know how we are going to make stuffing over a campfire.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

It all sounds wonderful.I am so thankful for you...so thankful that Robin has always had such lovely women in her life. God bless you all and Happy Thanksgiving to each of you and your families.

Anonymous said...

MARK SAYS HE WANTS TO STAY HOME & WATCH ALEX WHILE I GO OVER TO JEFF & BRIGID'S FOR DINNER(SHE'S HAVING HER FAMILY OVER)-I'LL BE BRINGING MY FAMOUS BROCCOLI SALAD & LEFTOVER CONTAINERS FOR MY MAN :)~ YOUR MEAL SOUNDS DELISH! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL SITTING AROUND THE "PILGRIM" TABLE---IT SURE SERVED US WELL W/ ALL THE FEASTS WE HAD AROUND IT-SORRY ABOUT THE LEGS BEING IN ROUGHER SHAPE-GUESS I DIDN'T KEEP UP W/ FOOD SPLATTERS & MARKINGS FROM THE PRINCESS----PEACE TO ALL-GOBBLE-GOBBLE------WE LOVE YOU & ARE THANKFUL FOR OUR FLORIDA FAMILY!!!!!!!!!