Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Friday, November 28, 2008

I am so thankful for...



...having 17 guests over to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner together, and a home big enough to accommodate everyone.

I made Jason take me to CVS to get a new ink cartridge for my printer...I told him I needed it for Placecards and a "special" activity for our party. I found a clipart of pilgrims...and then wrote.."I am so thankful for..." Each guest was asked to fill in the blank. After the blessing and before we sat down to eat, I read all of the cards. Family and friends was on almost every card. One person said Dark Chocolate, one said "besides my wife and Faith Hill...", one said the "Andies candies in the dish"...it was fun to see everyone's face light up when the cards were read out loud.
I am so thankful that the food was good, the fellowship sweet and that the weather cooperated. Today it is raining, but yesterday, it was GORGEOUS. I peeled off my long sleeve turtleneck and sweater vest and put on a short sleeved t shirt. We were able to sit outside on the deck and enjoy all of the blessings of family and friends.
I pray that Thanksgiving at DeeDee and PaPa's will be a TRADITION. I had hoped we would play games...that was my only regret. I thought a good old fashioned game of monopoly with the kids - or CARDS - or dominos...maybe next year.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YO -I'M SITTING HERE TYPING THIS & STUFFING MY FACE W/ PUMPKIN PIE NOW-YA BABY! GLAD ALL WENT WELL & MORE MEMORIES WERE MADE W/ YOUR PARENT'S TABLE---I HAVE MANY FOND MEMORIES OF THE DELICIOUS MEALS & GOOD CONVERSATIONS SHARED AROUND THAT TABLE-THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS-YOUR PLACE LOOKS GREAT! I EVEN GOT A SNEAK PEAK OF THE DOLLHOUSE:)I JUST FINISHED OFF A PLATE OF LEFTOVERS FROM JEFF & BRIGID'S FEAST-YUMMY--ALEX & I HAVE ROTTEN COLDS BUT IT'S AMAZING HOW WE CAN STILL TASTE OUR TURKEY DAY FOOD-BURP!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

You crack me up! I just finished a plate, too....after watching a scary movie...Al Pacino - 88 Minutes.
The house seem so empty after yesterday. We let the kitty out. She was in "lock down". We confine her to the Master suite when we have company....she is such a scardy cat that it's really better for her. We put her there last Friday - we cleaned the house - uncovered all of the furniture and then it stayed nice for the company. After everyone left last night at 10pm, I covered everything up and let her out. Sometimes after "lock down" she prefers to stay locked up. LOL...but today she is perched on the back of the couch and lovin life.

Yes, the table holds MANY MEMORIES. It was perfect yesterday.
I will always be thankful that you shared it with me again.

Anonymous said...

WHO NEEDS TRAVELIN' PANTS WHEN YOU GOT A TRAVELIN' TABLE... YEP-I'M
EATIN' AGAIN-THERE'S NO HOPE :( GOTTA TAKE MY PARENTS & JEFF & BRIGID TO THE DAYTON AIRPORT TOMORROW AT 9AM-THEY'LL BE GONE FOR 17 DAYS ON A MEDITERRANEAN(SP?) CRUISE-I'LL BE RETURNING HOME TO STRIP DOWN -PUT MY STRETCHY PANTS ON & TURN ON THE TRAVEL CHANNEL-AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...GREECE/ITALY/EGYPT/SPAIN-HERE I COME! BURP AGAIN!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

The most traveling I will be doing today is meeting Robin for a Target run. I have absolutely no desire to shop this year, no money to spend, but I enjoy being with her. Yesterday I did nothing but EAT and watch TV...a complete SLUG. How is the baby brother????? My baby brother, that is?

Anonymous said...

homie HAS BEEN CHILLIN' ON HIS THRONE WATCHING UC KICK SOME ARSE TODAY-HE ALSO WATCHED FLORIDA STATE GET BEAT-WHAT'S UP W/ THAT?! HE'S DREADING WORK ON MONDAY -"DAMAGE CONTROL"------HEY-----I'LL FORWARD MY PARENT'S ITINERARY-BRIGID PLANNED IT ALL OUT-LOOKS LIKE SHE MISSES WORK:) THEY'RE FLYING DELTA & THEY HAD A 30 MIN. DELAY AT THE DAYTON AIRPORT-GUESS ATLANTA HAD HEAVY RAINS?? I STOPPED AT GOODWILL ON MY WAY HOME FROM THE AIRPORT------IT FELT GOOD TO GET OUT & COUGH ON OTHERS:)-I SPENT JEFFY'S $ HE GAVE ME-HA! I TRIED ON LIKE 25 SHIRTS & BOUGHT 2--I'M JUST PLAIN FAT! ANYWHO-GIVE MARK A HOLLER TOMORROW & HE CAN CALL YOU RIGHT BACK IF YOU WANT--------

Dee Dee's Diary said...

I will.

Melissa said...

I can't believe you had that many people at your house. I love the placecard idea. You are so crafty.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

Thank goodness for CLIP ART and Google. It didn't seem like that many people - surprisingly. The kids kinda disappeared and we spread out between the 3 rooms. It was really a nice day. I am so thankful to have had everyone and I hope they will want to come again next year.