Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Reflections



Every year when we visit David and Linda in North Carolina, we take one afternoon and drive down to Elk River Falls. We hike down and sit on the rocks, it's a quiet time...just Jason and me. It is really beautiful there.

Reflections...what do you reflect? Just something to think about. This week I got the pathology reports from my surgery. I was so nervous going in. I told Dr. Dixon that I didn't wear makeup "in case I had to cry". He just smiled and then apologized. He explained that I would have received a call and his staff would have prepared me and even suggested that Jason accompany me if there were going to be "news" that required support. All of the tissue removed was benign and I should be fine. I know the look on my face "reflected" relief, joy, calm all at the same time.
I appreciate the prayers and your faith - even when mine was weak.

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving. Seems like we just gathered together a short time ago. This year I am happy to report that we will have a full house. I am so thankful for the many Happy Thanksgivings I have enjoyed over the years. And I am thankful for a home that will accommodate a crowd, a daughter who is a good cook, and a family that enjoys being together.

2 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

I think I reflect unreasonable expectations, when I grow up I would like to reflect unconditional acceptance.
Good news about your path report!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

Very insightful. Many mothers are guilty of reflecting "unreasonable expectations"...you have already grown up if you recognize that. I think I was MUCH OLDER than you are when I figured that one out. Maybe I didn't and ROBIN told me so. LOL