Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Friday, July 25, 2008

Did someone say Wasabi?





Tonight Jason and I decided to go on a "real date". We went to Nagasaki Steakhouse - Japanese Cuisine. What a wonderful evening. We started with Tempura Sweet Potato as an appetizer. They brought 6 little flat patties with a delightful soy"ish" dipping sauce. The meal began with Miso soup. It had a light oniony chicken flavor with mushrooms and scallions. Just yummy. Followed by a salad with iceberg lettuce and a sweet dressing that could be compared to a thousand island taste. Very nice. Shortly after we were seated, a young couple was also seated at our grill table. I was glad because this kind of restaurant is much more fun when you are with others.
Our chef was Michael. He was FANTASTIC. He began with all the fancy maneuvers - and all with a spatula and a knife. He did some tricks with eggs that he eventually scrambled for our fried rice. He also made noodles that were to DIE for...I'm glad I didn't because I ordered shrimp and scallops and they just melted in my mouth. He did serve up a ginger sauce and a seafood sauce but honestly the food was seasoned so well no sauce was really needed. Jason ordered steak and scallops. His steak was also melt in your mouth tender. One really neat trick he did was to slice a big onion, then stack it and fill it with oil. He then lit it on fire and it was like an onion volcano. Very cool. He had a great personality. All the time he was cooking, I noticed he had slipped two nice plump shrimp on the edge of the grill and I kept wondering who those were for. After he was finished preparing all of our meals, he started chopping and flattening the shrimp. When finished, he explained that he was going to catapult the shrimp and we were to catch it in our mouths. It was HILARIOUS. I was able to catch 2 out of 3. Jason did the same. Mary, the gal at our table, caught 2 and her boyfriend caught 3 out of 3. It was Mary's birthday, so we got the added pleasure of a birthday dessert and tea.
After dinner, we watched a little longer as another table was getting the same treatment. There were children at that table and the chef was "pretending" to salt them as he was seasoning the food. All in all it was a wonderful evening. The food, the service, the entertainment and the overall atmosphere made it a 5 STAR evening.
I would highly recommend Nagasaki Steakhouse to all my Tallahassee viewers. It's pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Sara,
I loved your comment. You always bless me with your testimonies. Thanks you so much for your wisdom. I really value it! I love you.

Glad you and Jase had a good time! I love those places!

gideonmommasita said...

You are a very brave woman, I would not catch the shrimp when we went to a place in Palm Bay.

CroppinRobin said...

sounds like a blast. we'll have to take hannah and jacob...we have yet to take them to a japanese steakhouse.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

catching the shrimp was fun. I'm just glad I was able to do it at least twice.

Unknown said...

We actually went to the Jap Steakhouse here in GA on THursday nite! We started going there on "special adult nite's out" but we took the kids once and they are HOOKED!!! They love it. The volcano trick is one of their favorites, along with the "egg roll" and of course the catching the shrimp thing. I am 0 - 27 on catching the shrimp...... Robin, you definately need to take the kids, and Melissa, even your young one's would love it!!