Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Still here we are....

I have thought about so many things after hearing this song...as a believer, it is easy to see that the world really isn't getting any better. For all of the worldly wisdom, what has really improved?
At the airport, I see people rushing around, dragging their kids...the whole family is PLUGGED IN. Blue tooths, ear phones...fingers dashing over blackberrys....ipod cases.....no one looks you in the eye anymore. No one speaks...there are KIOSKS to check you in....or on the way to the aiport...there are Drive throughs to get your food and Coffee...which everyone pays a fortune for and only adults used to drink...and by the way...STARBUCKS is TERRIBLE TASTING COFFEE for a true coffee drinker... and self serve gas stations to pump your own gas. ...I held out longer than all of my friends...I would always pull into the FULL SERVE line...the only reason I learned to pump my own gas is because I HAD TO...There are CDS and DVDS and MP3's and what happened to BVDS? There are cars that tell you where to go...and we go go go...but where are we going?

While visiting family this summer, I had a conversation with my mother in law...she is in her 80's. It is always good to get another generation's perspective on life...she and I decided that it was so much better in the "olden days"...families lived near by or in the same house. Think about this....separate living quarters...but one house...one mortgage, sharing utility expenses, less insurance, someone is always home...more security....different generations learning from each other...more people to share the work of keeping house. Less traveling to visit family...you could actually travel to see other parts of the world...you'd have more money...for those with little one's, you'd have built in baby sitters...as long as you had enough BATHROOMS....I think it could all work well.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's funny you are talking about that. Eric and I were just discussing simpler times. Life in simplicity is a beautiful thing. Don't get me wrong, I love having "things", but I know the more distractions I have in my life, the less time I seem to make for the Lord......

CroppinRobin said...

Okay, so are we moving in or are you?