Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Trick Shots...


Ever played HORSE? One of the best things we did when we moved to Tallahassee was put up a Basketball Hoop in the driveway. I was always pretty good at shooting hoops...don't know why...but I have a trick shot that the kids couldn't believe...my backwards shot!
We have had so much fun playing. I used to love going to basketball games. Our High School team was fairly good...but when I went to Ashland College my first year...I fell in LOVE WITH BASKETBALL...all those people in the gym...cheering...you really get caught up in the game. We were Number 1 in Defense for small colleges...then a few years later I married and we moved to BOSTON...Do I need to say....CELTICS? Oh my gosh....We went to Boston Gardens for a few games and I couldn't believe how big those guys were....and talk about EXCITING...we are talking Larry Bird, Dave Cowans, John Havlicek. One thing about BOSTON...Celtics and Bruins are about as mandatory as Clam Rolls and Lobsta'.
Have had several favorite teams over the years including UC Bearcats. If you're up to a game of HORSE...stop by...bet I can beatcha!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I really stink at B-Ball. You would think with my height it would be MY game, but it's pretty sad. I don't really have an atheletic bone in my body. Just saw Hairspray tonight. What a cute movie!

CroppinRobin said...

Horse is really not my game...well, let's see....what is my game? I'm pretty good at scrabble...yahtzee...
Does that count?