Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Day in Havana





Just blogged about the wonderful day Robin and I spent together in Havana yesterday and when I went to preview I lost everything...YIKES. So here we go again.
Spent a lovely day with Robin....started at Mockingbird Cafe for delicious chicken salad sandwiches on warmed rolls. Sat outside..gorgeous day. Then walked around the antique and furniture shops together. Robin is more "cottage" and I am more "traditional". She has an eye for decorating and I always learn something when we are together. We both appreciate fine furniture and have definite ideas about what we do and do not like. We smelled some delicious candles...admired antique applique linens and made our "dream lists" mentally. Didn't spend a dime, but imagined all kinds of purchases. It was not crowded...the day was perfect for a stroll...and the company was delightful.
Earlier in the day we watched Jacob's baseball game. He made a terrific play at 1st Base and his team won in the last inning with 2 outs and down 1 run. I am so glad we moved to Tallahassee...especially on days like this one.

4 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

it was a lovely day. still can't believe that we didn't purchase anything in havana. although, i did like the appliqued tea cloth and the pink footed bowl. maybe another day.

Unknown said...

I smell Christmas presents...

gideonmommasita said...

I bet the weather was lovely too!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

We definitely need to go back. Yes, the weather was perfect. You can never see everything in just one visit...and I had to go to the bathroom so badly in that one shop, that I couldn't really concentrate.
Let's plan another trip.