Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm a Doris...

Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are a Doris!

mm.doris_.jpg



You are a Doris -- "I must help others."

Dorises are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs

How to Get Along with Me


* * Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific.
* * Share fun times with me.
* * Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours.
* * Let me know that I am important and special to you.
* * Be gentle if you decide to criticize me.
In Intimate Relationships

* * Reassure me that I am interesting to you.
* * Reassure me often that you love me.
* * Tell me I'm attractive and that you're glad to be seen with me.
What I Like About Being a Doris

* * being able to relate easily to people and to make friends
* * knowing what people need and being able to make their lives better
* * being generous, caring, and warm
* * being sensitive to and perceptive about others' feelings
* * being enthusiastic and fun-loving, and having a good sense of humor
What's Hard About Being a Doris

* * not being able to say no
* * having low self-esteem
* * feeling drained from overdoing for others
* * not doing things I really like to do for myself for fear of being selfish
* * criticizing myself for not feeling as loving as I think I should
* * being upset that others don't tune in to me as much as I tune in to them
* * working so hard to be tactful and considerate that I suppress my real feelings



So those who "really" know me....what do you think about this quiz...was it accurate?

7 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

yep...you're a doris...
i'm a bette...

gideonmommasita said...

Who wouldn't want to be a Doris? Kay-Sera-Sera and all that...pure loveliness!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

I wish I had Doris' waistline!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

You know I kinda understand Melissa's comment to Robin...I am also a JOAN. Maybe "who" I am is dependent on WHO I AM WITH. I am different with my spouse than with co-workers, etc...do you know what I mean?

CroppinRobin said...

yep...you are who you are with your loved ones and you are who you wish you were with others...that is what i've decided.

Anonymous said...

HI DORIS-IT'S KATHARINE!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

Cool....what is a Katherine