Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Saturday, December 27, 2008

PaPa's "Unique" gifts





PaPa usually shops last minute, which was never a problem in Boca. He had this little store he always went to...he was probably the only one who shopped there because eventually they went out of business...but Robin and I called it the little Taiwan store...he always managed to find something there...one year, he bought Robin a GLASS HEAD. I still have it. Use it to hold an antique hat. You should have seen her face when she opened it. One year when Robin got a Barbie Pool, he bought a fake plastic rat and put it "poolside". One year he bought me a Clay charcoal heater pot. We still have it. With the economy the way it is...we might need it when we can no longer pay our heating bill. This year....he bought a book for Jacob...the Dangerous Boy Book. It has all kinds of activities that ONLY BOYS would like. Experiments and such....but for Hannah and me...he bought ORCHIDS. They are really lovely. I miss PaPa's plants. He had so many neat bonsais and orchids in Boca. He built a small screened area off our kitchen...I affectionately called it "Lucy's room" after my mom (Lucile) because he made it right after she died. He filled it with beautiful fowering plants and it was the view from my kitchen window. Fragrant and lovely. I hope Hannah appreciates her orchid as much as I do mine.

2 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

No witty words, but I did enjoy reading about past and present gifts!

Anonymous said...

Oh!! Great!! You have received really unique and lovely gift...