Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My "Favorite" Day of the Year!



January 1. Anyone who knows me...even a little....knows this about me. I LOVE the Rose Parade...I love making Jimmy Dean Sausage Balls and watching the ENTIRE PARADE...I look forward to this every year. It is also my BROTHER'S BIRTHDAY. New Year's Day was always a big deal while I was growing up. We used to spend the day at the Sheffield's. The men would watch football, the women would hang out in the kitchen. The kids ran around and did what kids do. In my parent's close circle of friends,the Sheffield's were the first family to own a COLOR TV. Yep, you heard it right....most everyone had BLACK AND WHITE TV'S...so all of my parent's close friends gathered at the Sheffield's so the men could watch football in COLOR. It's always been about the men...right? I think there was always a birthday cake somewhere in all of the food available and some mention of my brother during the day. Those friends of my parents remained throughout the years...in the latter years they called themselves the GOLDEN AGERS. I have so many fond memories of those years. Seeing the rose parade in color was as exciting as watching the Wizard of Oz and seeing Dorothy open the door to Munchkin land after the house landed. Just spectacular! Hope each of my readers enjoy their New Year's Day.
You know where I'll be....in front of my new 37" tv with a sausage ball in my mouth. CHEERS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU 2! YOUR BRO WILL BE DOING THE SAME-HE CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH UC---TELL ME YOUR SAUSAGE BALL RECIPE PLEASE & MAYBE I CAN WHIP THEM UP FOR HIM SOMETIME----I'LL BE HEADING OVER TO J& B'S HOUSE FOR A FEW HOURS THIS EVE---MARY, BRIGID'S MOM, IS 80 TODAY & RUTHANN IS 55! MARY WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED W/ STAGE 3 COLO-RECTAL CANCER---SO WE'RE REALLY GONNA CELEBRATE W/ HER-SHE'S A FUN LADY---YOU'D LOVE HER---LOVE YOUR MEMORIES--I'LL HAVE TO ASK MARK IF HE REMEMBERS THEM-HEEHEE----WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD! PEACE FOR 2009!

gideonmommasita said...

Happy New Year!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

So simple...
2 lbs Jimmy Dean Sausage ( regular or hot)
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped onions
1 1/2 c bisquick

Mix all ingredients together...form into small balls...bake 350 until golden brown. (approx 20 minutes -depending on your oven)
YUMMMMMMMMMY

the recipe also calls for garlic powder...I have made with/without

good either way