Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back to work

Hard to believe it's already July 11 and I'm back to work this afternoon. Up early, trying to savor every moment before I slip back into the "routine". Summers are difficult in Tallahassee for an airline employee...afternoon thunderstorms always cause delays and at times the rolling delays cause cancellations. Imagine planning your yearly vacation...maybe you have 2 weeks a year...you save, you plan, you pack, you anticipate all the fun for you and your family...and then you arrive at the airport to discover your flight is delayed, you're going to miss your connection...you won't make the cruise...there are no other flights available until tomorrow...your kids are crying...you are frustrated...angry...what can you do???? You ask to speak to a supervisor...that's where I come in...starting to understand the difficulty of my job? Customer Service...you either love it or you don't. It's easiest when you enjoy what you do...it's easiest when you're honest...I always begin with a sincere apology...I avoid saying, I understand ( even when I do )...but it is stressful. It helps to know that the Lord is in control of all that comes my way. He prepares the way...and I always pray as I approach any situation, knowing that this is my ministry, not just my job.

2 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

Book your flight in the am....book your flight in the am....

Have a good day at work.

Melissa said...

Hey DeeDee, the food is too good. I won't be weighing in this Wednesday!!!!