Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

You can't go back...

and if you get a chance...DON'T! My high school alumni is very active...unusual for a high school, but my school was unique. They have something called "Coming Home". They will contact the owner of your childhood home and arrange for you to Go Back and see the home where you grew up. My parents built the home I grew up in and lived there for over 45 years. After they sold it to the daughter of the next door neighbor...my mom and I decided to Go Back. What a mistake...the house was SO DIFFERENT...not just cosmetically, but this gal decided to take out windows and replace them with walls...she had a completely different idea about decorating...she painted beautiful beechwood cabinets with white paint...she covered really neat "retro" tiles with linoleum in the bathoom ( and did an amateur job at that)....
The home Robin grew up in and we lived in for 25 years was torn down recently. The other day I was thinking about all of the beautiful things Jason built in and around that house....and thought of the Martina McBride song...."build it anyway...." the beautiful pergula, the deck, the bonsai garden that he built off the kitchen that honored my mom...the built in bookcases, the french doors he installed....the false wall with the window in the living room. My kitchen island...I really miss that butcher block top.
Here we are in Tallahassee....new beginnings....new projects...Jason decided ( highly motivated by a desire to save money and switch homeowner's insurance companies) to finish our deck.
I am so excited. He is moving right along and it is going to be wonderful.
More to follow

2 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

Great job on your weight loss. I agree...you can't go back. It's the memories anyway, and you can never recreate anything....just isn't the same.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

You are doing the best! This week I am going to do my best!