Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians, 4. 8

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Quotes

Well done is better than well said. I totally agree. I was listening to Ann Curry this morning on the TODAY Show. She was interviewing a woman who wrote a book about women...unfortunately I cannot remember the title....maybe one of you "younger minds" was also in tune and can....anyway...they were talking about how women feel so unappreciated...we give give give and are conditioned to give and yet we feel like no one really appreciates our efforts. Our husbands think they are off the hook because they say they love us...but what we ( well maybe it's just me ) really want is for them to SHOW THEIR LOVE by "DOING" something to help us.

I remember Gary Chapmans Five Love Languages study...have you ever done that in your church? It was so clear to me - even before the study - that you showme that you love me when you do for me...He writes...

Acts of Service
Sometimes simple chores around the house can be an undeniable expression of love. Even simple things like laundry and taking out the trash require some form of planning, time, effort, and energy. Just as Jesus demonstrated when he washed the feet of his disciples, doing humble chores can be a very powerful expression of love and devotion to your mate.
It is important to do these acts of service out of love and not obligation. A mate who does chores and helps out around the house out of guilt or fear will inevitably not be speaking a language of love, but a language of resentment. It’s important to perform these acts out of the kindness of your heart.
Demonstrating the acts of service can mean stepping out of the stereotypes. Acts of service require both mates to humble themselves into doing some chores and services that aren’t usually expected from their gender. However, these little sacrifices will mean the world to your mate, and will ensure a happy relationship.


Benjamin Franklin had it right in my book....I'd like to say..." A Hundred HUGS is better than a thousand I love yous".

3 comments:

Michael said...

Like mother like daughter! You spoke the words right out of Robin's mouth. She is so "Acts of Service" as a Love Language. I am not all into doing the "Acts". I am the type of person that doesn't like to be told to do something several times. Once you ask, let me be and I'll get it done, on my time! Robin, she likes it done NOW! I'd rather be asked and not have to be reminded over and over. I do like to take my sweet time though. I don't mind being asked but usually loose interest once I have been reminded a few times. I usually ask Robin to make me a list and then as I find time or am in the mood will pick and choose to get something done. I guess the biggest problem is I either wait too long to start or don't complete it 100%. I guess us mates have to step it up a little and try to get more into the "Act" so you lady's can feel a little more loved.

Anonymous said...

Wanna know a secret???
Most women want you to know what to do BEFORE we make the list.
Wouldn't it be great if you never had to get another Honey Do list?
Be proactive...look for things to do...you might just be rewarded and never get another list.

CroppinRobin said...

Loved the post...but the comments are hysterical.
I must admit, I'm guilty of not always loving in Michael's love language either.